Saturday, July 24, 2010

Camp Survival Laut

Brief Introduction bout this camp..

This a very special tradition of my University and it's only available in UMT.
A 2 days 1 night camp (used to be 3 days 2 night, but my university wanna cut budget XP).

Erm.. we'll take a bus to the jetty and ride another 20mins boat to the island (Pulau Bidong).
It's very well preserved island.
We are NOT allowed to bring any chemical things to the island such as sunblock, shampoo, lotion or detergent.

There are no clean water for bathing or even brushing our teeth.
(I bring along mineral water to brush my teeth and wet tissues to wipe my sticky body)

They will be 4 different activities organised and we must join all.
  1. Fishing
  2. Snorkelling
  3. Kayaking
  4. Jungle trekking

My Camping Experience 


7am in the morning, we're called to gather up..
I woke up early to bath and apply full protection of sunscreen and sunblocks...

First, we take a bus to the jetty...

Then.. we ride 20mins ferry to the island..



Then.. we unload our things into our camp.. Then we queue up according to our group.. 
(Udang, Pari, Ketam and Jerung).

I'm Group Ketam.





Before we start any activities, they will teach us how to swim and we'll have to do something called water confidence..
Means swim to the middle of the sea and jump from the boat and swim back to shore.. =_=


It's very fun.. Before jumping, the instructor will call us to hold our nose tight and hug ourselves with another hand and then JUMP.
It's fun.. we just need to make sure that we dont release our nose before our head get out of the water.





Many friends get dizzy... XP My indian friend, Pugenes keep vomitting.. EUk!
After that it's fishing time.. "Bored".. Get on the boat and they bring us to the middle of the sea and we fish there.. It's noon.. So hot and dizzy.. I didn get even a old socks.. =_=



After fishing.. it's snorkelling time...
Due to global warming issue.. many corals near the shore died.. Some become white color (corals bleaching)..
But when we swim further away.. we can see many nice corals and fishes.. It's just a a garden underwater~..

The sun is seriously bright.




After snorkelling, it's lunch time.
After eating, we need to wash our own plates..
There will be basin prepared. 
One with small amount of detergent, added with some lime.. For us to clean the oils from the plates.
Another one is a basin of clean water for us to wash away the detergent.





*We washed our lunch, dinner and next day's breakfast plates in this two basin of "water" without changing*
Terribly dirty.
You can imagine how the plates are after washing with this water.
No choice, we're hungry and we wants to eat.



After eating.. we continue with our activities...

Next activity is kayak-ing.
The instructor is fierce.. maybe too tired after teaching groups by groups..


It's tired to kayak.
My friend pair up with a girl.. the girl cant kayak at all.. so he have to kayak on his own..
He is so frustrated.. Haha..
Another one.. also a boy pairing up with a girl.. both vomit all the way.. hahaha..



After kayak.. it's jungle trekking.
I HATE IT!
The instructor walk fast because it's late already and we must finish all activities by that day so that we can go back to campus early 2moro.
I am walking fast behind my fren, Fatihah and suddenly i found out that the people behind me cant catch up so I stop and look back.
Fatihah says there's another instructor behind and call me to keep on walking.
I turn around and *pong*.. Laying flat on the ground. =_= Sprained my leg.. 
She find the medical assistant for me and then I continue walking.
Few minutes later.. =_= something hooked my shoes and then the shoes base fell off.. Duh.
Really very unlucky. The instructor call me to pull off the base and continue walking..
Sobs.. My shoes.... wooo... Uncle Yim bought that for me.. Sobs..
*No pictures for this section because I dont know how to draw it*

Finally...we reach the camp site before 6.30pm...

No water for bathing. Just pour some water onto our body to wash away the sea water..

Then.. we eat our dinner...
We have some performance by each group at night..

Lastly.. we are allowed to sleep after 10.30pm.. Tired like hell.. Duh.


For your information, there're toilets in the campsite.. We dont need to dig holes for urining or pooping.



Overall, it's fun.. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.


The End.



P/s: I didn bring my camera nor my phone so I didnt take any pictures..
In order to illustrate my story.. I have to draw it using Paint.. Paiseh..




   

2 comments:

tong said...

haha, v nice la, this story, i read all liao, din get fast line to see those picture till i went back to campus.......and lucky there's toilet........and no shower.....=.= how many wet tissues u actually use huh?? but it is reli reli dirty......period then how??? jump into water together =..=

Sherry said...

I got a fren period.. play like tat also.. i bring i big packet of wet wipes.. use half.. use it to wipe face and body.. bring some powder too.. can make u feel less sticky.