Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is good results that important?

Is good result important?
What is the purpose of having good results?
  

To prove that he is good while I'm better?
Or to make us a better path to our future?




Pre and Post SPM Period

When I studied for my SPM, I think that I just spend 15-20% of my time studying. Even lesser than the time I spend on PMR.
When I got my result, I'm super overjoyed. 
Because I think that I did a great job.
It's my best result slip ever.



But I'm wrong. 
And I'm very very regret now.
Because I didn't study well. I didn't really tried all and everything. 


I didn't study my Maths well. I dropped the differentiation and integration chapters.
My foundation for Chemistry is not good enough. *This is  the subject I'm most confident in during SPM*
My Physics is shit.
My English is bullshit. Wrote the silliest essay in my life *Tomorrow*.


But at that time, I really felt proud of myself for such results.



IPTA result out. No matriculation offered.
No JPA. Not even a single offer from any institutions.
Last choice, Form 6. *Which I once swore that I wont enter*.




Form 6 Period

In Form 6, the toughest period of my life.
As I've said, my foundations and basic aren't strong enough, so, Form 6 is like hell to me.
Darlings that used to teach me in studies are not with me..
Luckily, still got an encyclopedia. (Mei Yee).
I've spend 40-50% of my time studying, revising. 
Especially in my Upper 6.
I never felt so motivated or diligent before.
Full of determination of getting a good university offer.
To pursue my dreams, my ambition.



STPM passed. Result out.
The worst thing I've ever get.
2 years time.. wasted.
IPTA result out. 
UMT. Environmental Technology.
This course is something close to what I'm hoping for.
I want to study something about environmental engineering.
So I thought, this is something near. 
I hope that I can fulfill my dreams.




University Time

First semester passed.
Not bad. The highest pointer I get compared to the previous 2 years studies. 

But my seniors told me that, my course is very far away from engineering.
I'm still not an engineer after graduate.
Means, I still have to work hard to get closer to my goal.



Second semester.
Again. Tough. Tougher.. I know this isn't the toughest.
Almost every night, I'll go to my course-mate room and study with her.
She praised me for being hard-working. ^^
First time getting such compliment.
Most people said that I'm lazy and idle.. XP




Conclusion


From my story, I found out that, without good result, I cannot choose my own future.
I cannot choose the course that I like, the university that I like.



I hope that my dumbass brother understand this and stopped his super sweet honeymoon typed lifestyle.
He got a dream. 
But he over estimated his ability.
He never have lucks in government exams.
Thus, he should have worked harder.


Since my uncle left us, I felt that it is my responsibility to look after him. 
I have to keep an eye on him so that he wont get too far away from his original path.



No one can help you if you dont work hard yourself.




    

No comments: